01 mai 2009

Sad news and some good news..

I haven't been blogging much this week due to my grandmother passing away on Monday, making this the saddest week I can remember. I'm over the chock and have come to terms with her death now and making cards gets my mind going. I love how this hobby can be used as therapy. But I still cry my heart out. I had I dream that I went to heaven to ask her to come back to me, but she said no. I couldn't understand why and when I asked her, she said it was because she could smoke in heaven. I had been trying to get her to quit smoking for a while now. I woke up and laughed, that would have been her exact answer if it was in real life. I'm happy for her that she does not need to feel any pain anymore but so sad that she is not here with me anymore. I miss her like crazy!!!

In my therapy I made a card which brings me to my good news, my best friends sister just had a beautiful baby boy! So he is getting this card. His name is Henrik and is just the cutest thing! :)

Here's the card I made to welcome him to the world:


I also made my card for next week's Cupcake Craft Challenge but I cant show you that until Monday. I wont be blogging much next week either as my cousins from the US are coming over for the funeral and I'll be spending the short time they are here with them.



9 kommentarer:

Lilacanglia sa...

Beautiful keepsake
hugs
Angie

bente_me sa...

Utrolig flott kort! sarte og fine farger:) ha ei fin helg!

Sam sa...

So sorry to hear your sad news babe,I lost one of my nans a few years ago and I was very close to her also.You never know they could be up there having a sneaky cigarette together. Anyway, it's a beautiful card you have made for little Henrik.
Take care babes
Sam x

Karine sa...

Your cards are just beautiful! I so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know how hard it can be. My thoughts are with you. Thanks for visiting my blog!

coldwaters2 sa...

Oh Ida sorry to hear about your Grandmother from reading your earlier posts I understand how close you were to her so the loss must be quite hard to bear. I know how you are feeling as like many others I have felt this pain as well.

I do love the card you have made its awesome and so cute.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kjerstin sa...

Nydelig kort til lille Henrik!

Og så leit å høre om bestemoren din - det er alltid så vondt å miste noen vi er gla' i!!

Blogginnlegget ditt minna meg om ordtaket "Sorg og glede hånd i hånd"...

Gode tanker sendes deg!
Klem! :)

Carol Ann sa...

Sorry to hear the sad news about your grandmother, I'm sure your grandmother would not want you to be sad but to remember all the happy times just like your dream about your grandmother made you smile. Enjoy the time you have with your cousins and celebrate the life of your grandmother x

The Crafty Den sa...

Hi Ida, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know she hasn't been very well lately but it must have still come as a shock. I'm sorry I'm a little behind the times with my condolensces but I've had a hectic few days here. I love your baby card. Chin up, I'm here for you. Hugs, Denise x

Desirée sa...

Så nydelig dette var! Så rent og pent i pynt og alt!

Så leit med din bestemor! Godt at du tilslutt fant trøst i kortlagingen!

God helg!